[CARFREE_CITIES] still not working
'J.H. Crawford' mailbox@carfree.com [CARFREE_CITIES]
2016-09-16 04:02:53 UTC
Hi all,

I've had a notice from Steve Atlas that his posts are being blocked. I can't figure out why that would be.

Yahoo is very difficult to use, and there's effectively no Help system.

I don't know what to do, and I'm suddenly extremely busy.

Regards,

J.

----- ### -----
J.H. Crawford
Bob Lovejoy boblovejoy@gmail.com [CARFREE_CITIES]
2016-09-16 07:54:10 UTC
I had issues even after the moderation changes were made and for lack of a
higher tech answer, I unsubscribed and resubscribed (same ID) and all then
seemed to work. It certainly could have been a coincidence but might be
worth trying.

Best to all,

Bob
J.H. Crawford
Jym Dyer jym@econet.org [CARFREE_CITIES]
2016-09-16 23:04:29 UTC
=v= I got a number of recent messages in which some very long
"RocketMailer" headers were broken up, creating invalid email
messages that my higher-level mailer couldn't read. (I had to
patch them with a lower-level mailer built into my editor.)
Is "RocketMailer" what Steve Atlas is using?

=v= Some of the problems are due to big companies not playing
nice with each other. Yahoo!, which hosts this list, was the
first to implement a spamfighting DMARC filter, which requires
certain standards and puts a bunch of headers atop the message.
Google-based email doesn't work with these standards, and adds
a bunch of other headers. The Yahoo! Group workaround has been
to rewrite the "From:" header. I believe that unsubscribing
and resubscribing will implement this workaround.
<_Jym_>
'J.H. Crawford' mailbox@carfree.com [CARFREE_CITIES]

J.H. Crawford
'J.H. Crawford' mailbox@carfree.com [CARFREE_CITIES]
2016-09-18 06:34:48 UTC
Another Joel here. To add to your woes, I too have been unsuccessful in posting, ever. Granted I've lurked and not tried to post until recently, although I might have tried once a couple of years ago.
I sent in two posts, the second was essentially a "test" since the first didn't work. The first regarded the cost of railroad vs. highway infrastructure. Both were rejected because they hadn't been approved within the specified time window, I think 2 weeks. I've only tried to post via reply email; not via the group web interface.
I don't know what's wrong here. I used to get moderation notices but never see them now, which is why messages are going out and dying after two weeks.

Should we migrate?

J.

----- ### -----
J.H. Crawford
Richard Risemberg rickrise@earthlink.net [CARFREE_CITIES]
2016-09-18 13:45:15 UTC
Hmmm
I receive moderation notices from the list. (I am a co- or sub-moderator.)

Google offers a mailing list service too, which I use with another group. Works well enough.

Rick
--
Richard Risemberg
http://www.bicyclefixation.com